OUR CLINIC POLICIES
Last Updated 10/1/2020
“No Show” shall mean a patient who fails to arrive for a scheduled appointment.
“Same Day Cancellation” shall mean any patient who cancels an appointment less than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment.
“Late Arrival” shall mean any patient who arrives at the clinic 5 minutes after the expected arrival time for the scheduled appointment.
It is the policy of the practice to monitor and manage appointment no-shows, cancellations, and late arrivals.
We reserve the right to dismiss any patient/family for failure to keep their scheduled appointments.
- One of Sensible Speech-Language Pathology, Inc.’s goals is to provide excellent care to each patient in a timely manner. If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, families are required to call or leave a message at least 24 hours before their appointment time. This notification allows Sensible Rehab to better utilize appointments for other patients in need of care.
- If you are not able to reschedule your appointment within 5 business days a $35 rescheduling fee will be applied to your account.
- In the event that your service provider must cancel for any reason, no rescheduling fee will be applied.
Fees may be assessed.
A patient is notified of the appointment “No-Show, Late, & Cancellation Policy” at the time of intake. A copy of this signed notification can be given to patients at their request.
- In the event, a patient has incurred three (3) documented “no shows, cancellations less than 24 hours or late arrivals – the patient/family may be subject to dismissal from Sensible Rehab clinics. The patient’s chart is reviewed, and dismissals are determined by our clinic patient review process. In the event your child/family is dismissed from the clinic we will provide all documentation, while you seek new re/habilitation elsewhere.
- If the client has an outstanding balance of $300 or more, services will be terminated.
- For weekly and/or recurring appointments, an 80% attendance rate is required regardless or prior notice/cancellations. If you are unable to maintain 80% attendance, we reserve the right to remove the patient from the schedule.
- The appointment must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- In the event, a patient has incurred any documented “no shows, cancellations less than 24 hours or late arrivals – the patient/family may be subject to dismissal from Sensible Rehab clinics. The patient’s chart is reviewed, and dismissals are determined by Sensible Rehab by our clinic review process.