Job Description Summary
Sensible Rehab is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Sensible Rehab is the leading provider of private speech therapy & occupational therapy services in Salem, Oregon. We are a rapidly growing company that is open to new ideas and are looking to change our community through our services. If you want to be part of a young and growing team we would love to talk to you.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Starting pay is depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
• Collaborate with patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to implement a patient-specific care and treatment plan as directed by the supervising OTR/L
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient under the supervision of the OTR/L
• Maintain current and appropriate documentation
• Understand roles/responsibilities of an assistant to work collectively with the supervising OTR/L(s)
• Current and unencumbered license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant in Oregon
• Successful completion of an occupational therapy assistant program and licensed in the state of Oregon as an Occupational Therapy Assistant
•Possess strong problem-solving skills.
•Possess strong skills in business English, spelling, punctuation and proofreading and general business etiquette.
•Must possess a positive, professional, and “can do” attitude.
•Takes initiative, self-motivated, and is proactive. Willingness to take on routine tasks concurrent with ability to accept complete responsibility for projects.
•Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays Sensible Rehab and its values and philosophy.
•Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
•Ability to work with difficult children with disabilities and behavioral issues.
•Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
• Two or more years of pediatric experience in the field of Occupational Therapy would be required for this position.
• Prior work experience in Medical Setting strongly preferred
• Experience with pediatric and adult intervention preferred
Thank you for considering applying for a position within Sensible Speech.
The following materials will need to be Submitted as part of your application:
• Cover letter