Salem, OR 97301
_Job Description _
_ _ Sensible Rehab is the leading speech and occupational therapy clinic in Salem. We have a dynamic and collaborative team of five full-time SLP’s and four three-time OTR/L’s.
About Sensible Rehab
• Sensible Rehab is located in Salem, Oregon and provides sensible and evidence-based approaches to treatment, prevention, and education.
• We are a dynamic team of six full-time SLPs and three full-time OTs
• We are a private practice looking to add another speech-language pathologist with experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, especially those under 5 years of age.
• Currently, we serve pediatrics of all ages and a variety of disorders (including hearing impairment, stuttering, articulation/phonology, tongue thrust, language disorders, autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, etc.). The adult population includes tongue thrust, fluency disorders, voice disorders, aphasia, cognitive- linguistic disorders, and some dysphagia.
• We accept private pay, private insurances, Medicaid (Oregon Health Plans), and
• Some specialty areas we currently serve are: o Autism Spectrum Disorders o Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations o Orofacial Myology o Auditory Verbal Therapy o LSVT LOUD o Barton Reading Program
• We value a team atmosphere and approach to treating our clients
• We value consultation with the parents/caretaker/client to drive therapy goals and carryover
• Administers formal and informal assessments
• Analyzes and interprets information to make recommendations
• Integrates data from a variety of assessment techniques and sources
• Prepares evaluation summary
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Oregon Administrative Rules
(OARs) in the management of communication disorders
• Selects/Plans/Implements evidence-based interventions appropriate for each individual patient/client
• Completes/maintains appropriate documentation
• Evaluation reports
• Treatment plans
• Therapy logs and data
• Additional forms/documentation as appropriate
• Abides by the ASHA Code of Ethics
• Manages time efficiently
• Engages in continuing education and professional growth activities
• Applies knowledge gained from continuing education activities
• Adheres to established rules, regulations, laws, and appropriate ethical standards
• Cultural competency
• Demonstrate knowledge, awareness, and interpersonal skills when working with individuals from a variety of other cultures
• Maintain license and certification with good standing
• Hold/Maintain license with Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language
• Hold/Maintain a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American
Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
• Maintains insurance credentialing with all major medical providers.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a speech-language pathologist
• Master’s degree in speech-language pathology/communication disorders
• Holds license with Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology
• Holds a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-
Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
• Pass a background check
• Valid driver’s license
• Constantly be able to move about the work area
• Frequently be able to sit/bend/twist and lift/carry 1-10 lbs.
• Occasionally be able to lift/carry 11-50 lbs.
• Preferred understanding about special education (including individual family service plans/individualized education plans)
• Preferred desire to work with pediatrics and adults
• Preferred experience with AAC
COVID-19 Response (Not a comprehensive list)
• When appropriate we have moved patients to telehealth to limit exposure
• We have shut down our waiting room
• We require our therapists and caretakers to wear a mask during treatment sessions.
• We are cleaning all therapy tools and supplies between patients with a medical- grade cleaner
• We are wiping down door handles and other surfaces between patients.
• We do temperature and symptoms screening before visits