Sensible Rehab is the leading speech and occupational therapy clinic in Salem. We have a dynamic and collaborative team of six full-time SLP’s and four full-time OTR/L’s.
About Sensible Rehab
- Sensible Rehab is located in Salem, Oregon and provides sensible and evidence-based approaches to treatment, prevention, and education.
- We are a dynamic team of six full-time SLPs and four full-time OTs
- We are a private practice looking to add another bi-lingual speech-language pathology Assistant.(Spanish).
- Currently, we serve pediatrics of all ages and a variety of disorders (including hearing impairment, stuttering, articulation/phonology, tongue thrust, language disorders, autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, etc.). The adult population includes tongue thrust, fluency disorders, voice disorders, aphasia, cognitive-linguistic disorders, and some dysphagia.
- We accept private pay, private insurances, Medicaid, Medicare, and Oregon Health Plan(s)
- Some specialty areas we currently serve are:
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations
- Orofacial Myology
- Auditory Verbal Therapy
- LSVT LOUD
- Barton Reading Program
- We value a team atmosphere and approach to treating our clients
- We value consultation with the parents/caretaker/client to drive therapy goals and carryover
- Integrates data from a variety of assessment techniques and sources
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) in the management of communication disorders
- Implements evidence-based interventions appropriate for each individual patient/client
- Completes/maintains appropriate documentation
- Therapy logs and data
- Additional forms/documentation as appropriate
- Manages time efficiently
- Engages in continuing education and professional growth activities
- Applies knowledge gained from continuing education activities
- Adheres to established rules, regulations, laws, and appropriate ethical standards
- Cultural competency
- Demonstrate knowledge, awareness, and interpersonal skills when working with individuals from a variety of other cultures
- Maintain license and certification with good standing
- Hold/Maintain license with Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology
- Conversationally fluent in Spanish and have an adequate understanding of how to complete bilingual treatment
- Bachelors degree in speech-language pathology assistant or greater
- Holds assistants license with Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology
- Pass a background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Constantly be able to move about the work area
- Frequently be able to sit/bend/twist and lift/carry 1-10 lbs.
- Occasionally be able to lift/carry 11-50 lbs.
- Preferred understanding about special education (including individual family service plans/individualized education plans)
- Preferred desire to work with adults and pediatrics
- Preferred 2 years of experience working in a pediatric setting.